[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Cruises from Europe

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Apr 19 15:57:49 PDT 2008

Stephen G Barbone informed us [in part]:
> ..........Dan Darling and his Lovely Chaps will bring classics from
> the likes of Louis Armstrong and Frank Sinatra to life.
> ............Meanwhile, Mart Rodgers Manchester Jazz Band is sure to be
> a hit on the Transatlantic Sunrise itinerary. Their influences include
> Fats Waller and Louis Armstrong and, as well as the old favourites,
> they’ll be playing some of their own melodies. What’s more, they’ll be
> giving talks on the big names in jazz, together with musical demos
> illustrating trademarks of this popular genre.

Dear Steve,
I can't speak for the Dan Darling groups (the name no doubt inspired by
the 'Blackadder' Great War episodes) but can certainly vouch for Mart
Rodgers' band.
We heard and met it in Germany in 1995 (during our own Oz band tour)
and I have several of his band's records.
Happy, exciting OKOM.
Definitely recommended.
Kind regards,
Bill.