[Dixielandjazz] Spike Jones

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Apr 17 23:33:51 PDT 2008

The 2nd 3rd and 4th recording that the Fulton Street JB made had Spike
Jones's daughter Leslie as engineer.  Recently I heard she was working for
George Lucas.  in fact, I spoke with her a few years ago.

When I lived in Los Angeles and had a jazz radio show, I interviewed one of
Spike's trombone players, Joe Saracuza and another of Spike's daughters,
Linda.

I am sure glad that Joe was there.  He loved to play with the Spike Jones
band and had a million stories.  I could barely get a yes or no out of
Linda.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

"I couldn't wait for success... so I went ahead without it."
--Jonathan Winters