[Dixielandjazz] Salute to the Tuba Playeers

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 14 17:05:42 PDT 2008

Hi Dan,
What you wrote is ironic. The work for tuba players in the Philly
area has diminished to a trickle. I teach music in a middle school
and have added the rôle of assistant technologist in order to make up
for the lack of music work. So now I am getting a second masters, in
Education Technology, after which I will test for my certification as
an Apple Certified Support Professional. Opposite of you, the tuba
jock is becoming a computer jock. I should be able to do this until
they put 6 handles on me. And computers are lighter than tubas anyway.
Cheers,
John