[Dixielandjazz] Salute to the Tuba Playeers

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 14 12:24:13 PDT 2008

Folks--
     Well.  What can i say?  I was one of them.
     You'll notice that i wasn't (ahem) actually WORKING as a
tuba-player.  No indeed, i couldn't get a job teaching tuba and music
theory (my 1979 Ph.D. was in music theory, not tuba), so i became a
computer jock and retired from it four years ago.  NOW i'm back in
music, playing in over five bands and getting my old
brass-arrangements finally published.
     Lisa and i worked as computer programmers at the University of
Texas in the 1980s.  Way to go, Lisa, getting your letter published
in the _New York Times_!  See you in October.

     Dan

c: Lisa, interested others

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**    "The tuba is the certainly the most intestinal of instruments,
**     the very lower bowel of music." --  Peter De Vries