[Dixielandjazz] Blueblowers

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Apr 13 13:57:18 PDT 2008

Steve and all,

It is a bit hard to tell from that film, but I think that Tin Can he
used is completely open (at both ends) and was more like a megaphone
or sound direction tube - not an actual membranophone. You can see
his lips - no wax paper in there.

I think he is "just" making the trumpet sounds with his mouth - like
the Mills Brothers did later - on the first song. For the 2nd song, I
don't know.

The dancing bit was real, I think. No trick photography or computer
generated effects... ;-)

Dave Richoux