[Dixielandjazz] Chubby Checker was It's Trad, Dad.

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 15:05:32 PDT 2008

During the twist craze, Ray Bryant issued an excellent - swinging -
record "Dancing the Big Twist," with Joe Newman and Pat Jenkins (tpt),
Buddy Tate (ten), Matthew Gee (tbn), bryant on piano, Jimmy Rowser
(bass) and Mickey Roker (dms) on seven of the eight tracks; the other
track - "Fast Twist," had Harry Edison on trumpet, Ben Richardson
(bar), Bryant, Bill Lee (bass), Gus Johnson (dms) and Ray Barretto
(percussion and scraper, whatever the latter means).
Cheers