[Dixielandjazz] Chubby Checker was It's Trad, Dad.

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 12 13:21:39 PDT 2008

Poor Chubby Checker is taking a beating on the DJML. What's wrong with
dance music? <grin>

Our bass player Ace Tesone was on Chubby's record of Let's Twist
Again. He earned a fair piece of change playing with Checker when jazz
work slowed. Every once in a while Ace gets a residual check because
of that record. When he does, he asks us to do a Dixieland version.

And why not?  It can be swung.

Chubby Checker is a Philadelphia area guy and we all love him here.

Cheers,

Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband