[Dixielandjazz] Field of Dreams?

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu Sep 27 10:25:07 PDT 2007

I think the eBay seller's idea was for some industrious young
instrument repairman to buy the whole mess and work 10-15 years
trying to restore them. What a "Dream!"

Selling the rebuilt horns (and breaking even) would probably be just
as difficult.

Having watched (and paid for) the process of rebuilding old Helicons
and Sousaphones a few times I would really wish "good bidding and
good luck" to anybody who thinks they could succeed. The broken
fiberglass horns are an even bigger problem.

If the price were a bit more reasonable there might be some way to
make a giant sousaphone sculpture, art car or something like that -
but I am sure not the one to do it ;-)

Dave Richoux