[Dixielandjazz] List of Tenor Sax Players

brycejo at comcast.net brycejo at comcast.net
Wed Sep 26 07:12:37 PDT 2007

Fazola played alto.  It was relatively standard that the third alto also play the clarinet solo.  I never seen a picture of Eddie Miller ot alto, but i read somewhere that he played alto and was switched to tenor in the early thirties.

I also read where Fazola and Billy Butterfield hated each other from the moment of their meeting.  I don't know why, but Butterfiled eventually moved to Shaw's band where he was happier.

Jack Bryce

From: "Dingo" <roadie at btinternet.com>