[Dixielandjazz] New OKOM song

Ron L lherault at bu.edu
Wed Sep 26 06:44:50 PDT 2007

My sister who lives in Jacksonville FL follows a singer/pianist named
Krisanthi who performs in New England (go figure).  She sent me this info
from Krisanthi's mailing list and I thought it would be a good idea to share
it with the list.  The tune is, I think quite pleasant.  I don't know who
the other musicians are but I will try to find out.  Here is what K said:

I am happy to announce that a song that I wrote and recorded "If I Had Only
Known" (Click here to hear a clip)
http://www.cdbaby.com/mp3lofi/krisanthi1-04.m3u  has been selected to be on
the CD sampler distributed to the subscribers of the international Jazz
Magazine!  There will also be an article written about me.  This is
published in Europe so I'm not sure when this will be out in U.S. stores but
I'll let you know.  Below is info on the magazine.

<<Jazz Magazine offers its readers the highest respect for the traditional
Jazz music from the great names of the past to its modern counterparts. Jazz
Magazine also introduces its readers to contemporary jazz sounds, smooth
jazz and jazz influenced by other music styles like dancefloor, rock,
experimental, hip-hop and more.

The magazine, along with its included CD compilation, is dedicated to all
jazz lovers and offers a broad focus, which appeals to a multi-generational
audience: from young club-goers to a culture-loving adult readership.

Previously featured artists include: John Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Jon
Hassell, Charlie Parker, Anthony Braxton, Charles Lloyd, Chick Corea, Miles
Davis, Dizzy Gillespie, Sonny Stitt, Greg Osby, Paul Motian, William Parker,
Maynard Ferguson, Mike Stern, Kirk Whalum, Jamie Cullum, Dave Holland, Jack
DeJohnette, Bill Frisell and Louis Hayes.>>
http://www.emmekeditore.it/jazz_magazine/index.html