[Dixielandjazz] Trad jazz for funerals

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Sat Sep 22 16:42:39 PDT 2007

providing a list of the tunes most of us know, and ended with:

    If you want to really be authentic, "Flea As a Bird."

    --Bob Ringwald

Over 50 years ago I bought an album of Louis Armstrong 45s, including some where he told
us about NO funerals, and played many of the tunes on Bob's list, including "Free as a Bird" .

Anyone got words and/or music for "Free as a Bird"? I just looked through some of my stuff,
and could not find either.  Will I have to try to find the old 45s?

Larry Swain