[Dixielandjazz] vibrato

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Sep 19 08:08:20 PDT 2007

Marek wrote:
I am at the "consumer end," not the "supplier end,".....
Defect ot not - that's what made these pople great!

And, that is exactly what I said, so we are in agreement!  What is nasty, I
think, is to purposely play a horn incorrectly to copy those sounds.

This was all in reference to my erlier statement "Ask a player or singer who
uses heavy vibrato to do a song...or even one note...with no vibrato.  If
they can do that, then their vibrato is an effect.  If they can't, it's a
defect!"

By the way, if anyone went on to read Marek's last post, he included my
recent "private email" to him.  It was not meant for DJML, nor would I post
that amount of name dropping on DJML.  It was placed in the private email to
prove the point that I know what I am talking about when referring to the
proper way to play a wind instrument.

Cheers, Jim