[Dixielandjazz] vibrato

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 07:31:46 PDT 2007

Hello Jim,
I am at the "consumer end," not the "supplier end," meaning - I don't
play an instrument, just listen  And I'm going to believe the Duke
(after all, he is the author of my Gospel - It Don't Mean a Thing...),
who said :"If it sounds good - it is good."

Defect ot not - that's what made these pople great!  The late Sandy
Brown was self taught - he played with records in India.  When he came
to Scotland, he was told that his fingering was all wrong.  It might
have been so - and might have made him one of the most original
clarinet players in the business!
Cheers