[Dixielandjazz] Specifically asking Scott Anthony

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:35:48 PDT 2007

but everyone else can chime in if something seems to work...

Scott,
the credits for "Remembering Clancy" say you sang "At The Devil's Ball".  Whether or not you did, at least you were playing on it.  I hope.

My question is about a specific chord....the lyric phrase "I even had a glimpse of my mother-in-LAW" (my emphasis), in the Anderson book, is shown as Ami to D7.  But, it sure sounds like a G# in the piano bass note.

Do you have any idea what chord was used there?  My hearing could be all off, but friendly neighborhood banjo player says it's a G# too, which sure doesn't fit D7...

Thanks, Scott, and whomever else may offer ideas!

steve