[Dixielandjazz] Specifically asking Scott Anthony

Scott Anthony santh at pacbell.net
Tue Sep 18 16:25:48 PDT 2007

Yes, that's me singing. I've been doing this tune since about 1978 and took
the chords off a Clancy album. The Anderson book is correct but what I've
always played is:

F / E7 / Am / Fm6

That's 2 beats each. There's a G# (or Ab) in the Fm6.

The correct chord is a D7 there though. Check out the original sheet music:
http://www.letrs.indiana.edu/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx?c=devincent;g=sheetmusic;cc=devincent;xc=1;sid=afb447dd1ecfdb51764c712c45104016;rgn1=id;q1=LL-SDV-005011;type=simple;view=reslistlong;fmt=long

I still like Clancy's chords better.

Scott Anthony