[Dixielandjazz] Sound man sounding off 2

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Sep 13 14:52:12 PDT 2007

Actually the customer was committed to having the space available it just
didn't work that way.  I think some of this happened because the original
event coordinator quit or got fired a couple of weeks before the event and
the person taking over was her boss who may not have paid attention to the
little details.

Fortunately the new event coordinator was nice about it and we didn't have a
problem we got paid (six weeks later) and everyone was happy (sort of) even
though we started about 10 minutes late.  I'm sure if I play that event
again there will be some discussion about it.

Normally if we were starting a few minutes late because of someone else, we
would slip our time, especially as in this case we were the last to play.
We still had to quit because some of the people had to leave for other gigs.

This kind of thing happens when multiple acts are scheduled for a stage or
room and the event person isn't on top of everything.  If the groups that
are performing are not professional then there is little incentive for them
to follow the plan.
Larry
StL