[Dixielandjazz] Sound man sounding off 2

Kay Spencer kay2840 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 12:24:02 PDT 2007

Larry,

  So in the future, if you are required to set up and play during a certain time frame, would you consider have the customer commit to having the space accessible so that you can actually meet the commitment?  It doesn't appear to make sense that you are penalized, or would even agree to be penalized, for either a management scheduling problem or a third party's disregard for the schedule.

  Kay in Gilroy

"Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis" <larrys.bands at charter.net> wrote:

Earlier this summer I had my big Dixie band at an outdoor event. We were to
set up in a circus tent and there were several groups before us. The pop
choir that was performing before us was delayed a bit by the group before
them. They in turn wanted to do their full concert and gave me no time to
set up. The difference between my group and all of them is that I was
contracted to a specific time space and was also contracted to a specific
setup time. Some of the members of the band had another gig and needed to
stick to the schedule.