[Dixielandjazz] How did key tunes get into the standard dixieland repertoire?

D and R Hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Sat Sep 8 16:10:09 PDT 2007

Hello all,
                 As Sheik points out popular songs  are part of the
history of jazz. Buddy Bolden played hit tunes of his day like Ida and
Lazy Moon.
                     Another early source was the religious music of the
time. You can catch a video of the Buddy Bolden Revival Orchestra
playing the Jubilee- Ride on King Jesus at:
   http://www.esnips.com/web/BuddyBoldenRevivalOrchestra

regards
Dan Hardie
website