[Dixielandjazz] How did key tunes get into the standard dixieland repertoire?

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Sat Sep 8 19:10:30 PDT 2007

Hi Dan. In my longer version of my question, I asked where Bunk, etc.,
relearned their old tunes, especially multi-strained ones that surely
required some intense effort.

Lo and behold, thumbing through your history, I found your section on
Bunk's early days, with a list of his tunes. If he was playing as often as
you say he did, then he probably had 'em down c-o-l-d, probably mainly
just had to tidy 'em up in the 40s...

--Sheik