[Dixielandjazz] Art & Corporate Heads

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 26 13:24:01 PDT 2007

> "Robert S. Ringwald" <robert at ringwald.com> wrote (polite snip)
>
> If you enjoy innovating, then innovate.  But don't try to tell the rest of
> us that we are doing it wrong.

Hey Bob, good advice. BUT:

Nowhere in my post did I say anyone was doing it wrong. NOWHERE. And nowhere
did I try and tell the rest of us (whoever that is) anything.

The gist of my comments were, (after a post about the corporate heads
ruining art because they didn't innovate) was merely an observation that not
many of us musical artists are not innovating either.

The implication was simply that some of us artists are inconsistent about it
when we take others to task. In effect, we are bitching along the lines of
"Do as I say, not as I do."

Cheers,
Steve Barbone