[Dixielandjazz] Big Bands & Charts -- Goodman

Denny Schreffler dennyschreffler at email.com
Thu Oct 18 21:51:58 PDT 2007

It  w a s  on Merv Griffin that I saw Barbutti do the 4th tpt and the
"jazz broom"  routines -- one of my favorites -- his broom tune was
"Tenderly" -- and then the sub-punchline, totally appropriate for the
'60s -- his son, also a musician, "sold out" -- didn't play jazz broom
------- he played the electric vacuum cleaner!

Denny Schreffler

Tucson