[Dixielandjazz] Jazz in Schools

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 21:24:38 PDT 2007

Snip
In a message dated 10/2/2007 12:10:57 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

Just  a few examples of what can be done if we have the will to do  it.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

_http://www.westendword.com/moxie/ae/music/jazz-at-the-bistro-become.shtml_
(http://www.westendword.com/moxie/ae/music/jazz-at-the-bistro-become.shtml)

If "Jazz at the Bistro", now Jazz St. Louis ever hosted a traditional  or
Dixieland group, or even considered such as "jazz", I am not aware of  it.
Sunday, Sept. 23 went to The Sheldon, our best acoustic venue to hear  Jean
Kittrell and The Riverman.  Listening to Noel Kaletsky, Red Lehr,  Steve Lilley, Jim
Maihack, Bobby Grimm play extended imaginative lines and  thinking, "If more
early-style jazzers had been this inventive and imaginative,  we would maybe
not have to put up with so much boring, unmemorable  bop.  I truly think its got
to be easier to play bad bop than bad  trad.
Ginny