[Dixielandjazz] The Lack of Music Programs in the Schools.

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Mon Oct 1 17:45:43 PDT 2007

I think the situation in New Jersey and in Colorado is pretty
representative of what is happening all over the country. I
think it falls to us as musicians to pick up the slack and
mentor these younger kids who want to do music but don't have
programs who will teach it.

The very issue of survival of music in the schools, especially
those that lack the budget, makes it a political one whether we
like it or not.

Mike