[Dixielandjazz] The Lack of Music Programs in the Schools.

Scott Anthony santh at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 1 16:49:50 PDT 2007

I know we're not supposed to talk politics here, but it seems to me that the
wholesale drive to eliminate federal support for and effectively defund arts
programs in public schools in the 1980s by the "you-know-who"
administration, followed by the no-child-left-standing legislation has left
us with this sorry state of affairs. When I was in public school in the 50s
and 60s my town had the absolute best vocal and instrumental music program
in the state of New Jersey. Now it has practically nothing.

Scott Anthony