[Dixielandjazz] No wonder live music is in trouble

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Nov 26 14:29:51 PST 2007

I think you are on to something, but for the average listener I think
they might not get the distinction - jazz is jazz to them! I had to
deal with this on my radio show all the time - people would be
pleasantly surprised that there could be melodic, non-abrasive jazz
(and not just the historical recordings or current bands that play
OKOM.)

Dave Richoux