[Dixielandjazz] No wonder live music is in trouble

tduncan tduncan at bellatlantic.net
Mon Nov 26 14:15:02 PST 2007

David, I heard the same bits on PHC this weekend and figure that Keillor
might just have been planting both feet firmly in the moldy fig box as far
as the jazz critique went . . . It dealt with what seemed to me to be
"modern jazz lounge music."

I also concur with your opinion of Madeleine Peyroux and was very surprised
that she was featured and so highly touted. Her delivery could well have
been part of the satire on jazz on the same show. There are good
contemporary jazz vocalists, but Ms. Peyroux does not measure up in my book.

Regards,

Tom Duncan
Doctor Dubious and the Agnostics
PO Box 2118      Teaneck, NJ 07666
P   (201)836-6076     FAX   (201)833-4143
www.doctordubious.com