[Dixielandjazz] Norman Burbank

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 12 15:48:43 PST 2007

Norman Burbank ("Stormin Norman") is a self taught OKOM Tuba Player in New
Jersey who ranks with the best of them. I know he worked in various parts of
the country and that Dave Hansen in Atlanta gigged with him. I think Dave
Stoddard in Austin also gigged with him. Thus I post this note about his
present medical condition as other list mates probably know him also.

Sadly,
Steve Barbone

Information is from Norman's son Chris.

Norm has been suffering from kidney failure and on dialysis for about 2
months.  He suffered a medium sized stroke on Thursday, then this past
weekend he had a seizure during a dialysis treatment and at this point is in
ICU and is semiconsious.  His wife Donna is also very ill at home.  Please
pass this info on the the boys down south.