[Dixielandjazz] Promotion Info was New Orleans Photos

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 12 14:00:44 PST 2007

Jeffmatthews111 at aol.com wrote (polite snip)

> Hello all,
>
> I am putting a leaflet together for my band . . .
>
> Any tips for leaflet/brochure/publication material design would also be
> appreciated by me - and perhaps others too.
>
> How do you publicise your band? Word of mouth is extremely effective but  can
> be slower. Have you come up with or seen ideas to boost this word of mouth
> marketing? I.E: offering discounts or incentives if an audience  member brings
> a friend to a gig next time, etc?

> Thank you in advance for any helpful suggestions.

Dear Jeff:

If you haven't already gone there, see the ISound blog about promoting your
band and many other helpful suggestions. Surf their site below:

http://www.isound.com/artist_blog

The article in internet promotion is interesting. If it is too advanced for
what you are doing at the moment, then scroll down a little bit and see the
topics in the long box at the left of the page. Click on:

1) The Artist's Press Kit

2) Building an effective e-mail list

3) Why playing live is so important

4) Get Better Results With A Distinctive Promo Package

5) Preparing A Professional Promotional Package... Part 2

6) Preparing A Professional Promotional Package... Part 3

7) Getting Better is All About Promotion! Promotion! Promotion!

8) Eleven Ways Bands Can Utilize their Website to Promote their Music

9) Tips On Getting More Fair Dates and Corporate Gigs

10) The Most Successful Performer Is Always "Takin' Care of Business"

11) Promotion and Marketing Tips For Professional Performers

12) Image: It Still Matters More Than The Music

In fact, click on them all. Then act on what you have learned.

Cheers & Best Wishes For Good Band Marketing
Steve Barbone