[Dixielandjazz] Bechet's main instrument

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:37:09 PST 2007

No way!
Despite what Robert said (all true), even before settling in Europe
Bechet played a lot of soprano sax - just listen to his recordings
with Noble Sissle and other recordings from the 1930's!  Later he
featured the soprano more and more, though never to the exclusion of
the clarinet.  Thus, the former was his main instrument.
On whatever instrument - he was great!
Cheers