[Dixielandjazz] FW: Musician's Club

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:07:51 PST 2007

How right you are, Jim!
In 1977, my friends and I went to the Nice Jazz Festival (it still
featured jazz in those days).  An Israeli friend bumped into George
Wein, and asked "Why don't you organize a jazz festival in Israel?"
Wein replied: "Your Government has no money."  My friend was terribly
disappointed that "all he's interested in is money," and no
expalnation that, if one was to bring stars like Buddy Tate, Joe
Venuti, Dizzy Gillespie, Earl Hines, to mention just a few of the
musicians we heard, on needed to pay them a lot of money would
convince him.
Cheers