[Dixielandjazz] "Patching" recordings

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Nov 1 09:38:58 PDT 2007

The technology is good enough to fool the ear but if you are doing cut and
splice it's almost impossible to make a 100% clean cut.  If you go into the
software and enlarge the areas you can see the splice even though you can't
hear it.  I'm sure with more sophisticated equipment than I have the cut and
paste can be made even more obvious.  It wouldn't be a good idea to
introduce altered sound in court for that reason.  Then again it might just
depend on how good the person doing the splice was.
Larry
StL