[Dixielandjazz] Jonathan's Tuning

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed May 30 16:42:19 PDT 2007

Jonathan was featured with us Friday at 2:30 PM.  He played 4 numbers and
was brilliant.  He did have a bit of trouble with the tuning and did re-tune
between numbers.  Besides all of the things that Steve stated, Jonathan was
playing indoors and outdoors.  The temp was changing.  Even pros have
trouble with tuning under these conditions.

Over all, he blew everyone away.

In the 70s, I did a set with Joe Venuti at our Jazz club.  I just wish that
and Jonathan could have met and played together.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

"The bottom line of any country is, what did we contribute to the world?
We contributed Louis Armstrong." Tony Bennett  --