[Dixielandjazz] Slavic Soul Party! -MKOM

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue May 15 18:16:58 PDT 2007

I saw them in Brooklyn for their last home show before this tour -
99% agreement with you, David! It is not that far from OKOM, in my
opinion.

Their website is http://www.slavicsoulparty.com  and I just got their
latest CD.

I have been getting very interested in this kind of music in the last
few years - it is such a blend of styles, not only jazz and klezmer,
but so much more. There are two web groups that may be of further
interest to those who want to explore:
and
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/balkanbrass/

Dave Richoux