[Dixielandjazz] NO J& H presents OKOM Too.

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu May 3 10:22:46 PDT 2007

Even though they are not in the "Trad" tent, Dr Michael White's New
Orleans Band is about as pure OKOM as one could expect (IMO.)  Hot
jazz, great clarinet, New Orleans traditional tunes, very well played
interpretations of historical pieces.
http://www.basinstreetrecords.com/artists/dr-michael-white.html

The Klezmer All-Stars are  a group that is right on the edge of OKOM,
and most assuredly MKOM! They have managed to create something new
out of traditional Klezmer and New Orleans Funk.  I have been
listening to them for 15 years or so.

www.klezmers.com

Both groups should be playing at major OKOM festivals like
Sacramento. The reason they are not playing in the Economy Hall tent
is that they are too popular - they need the bigger venues!

Dave Richoux