[Dixielandjazz] NO J& H presents OKOM Too.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu May 3 08:53:19 PDT 2007

Lest we forget that New Orleans Jazz & Heritage also presents OKOM, here is
a list of what IMO, would be considered OKOM. Sometimes they get lost with
all of the MAJOR Headliners that also appear there.

BTW, a lot of these players are Black which should give us pause before we
say that blacks don't play OKOM. Perhaps we need to get out more? :-) VBG.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Economy Hall Tent Venue:

Pete Fountain
Preservation Hall
Don Vappie & The Creole Jazz Serenaders
Tim Laughlin
Louis Ford & His New Orleans Dixie Flairs
Chris Burke & His New Orleans Music
Bob Wilber Tribute, Remembering Kenny Davern w/Dr Michael White
Banu Gibson
Mark Braud
The Last Straws
Lionel Ferbos & The Palm Court Jazz Band
June Gardner
Linda Hopkins
George French and The New Orleans Storyville Jazz Band
Greg Stafford's Young Tuxedo Brass Band
New Leviathon Oriental Foxtrot Orchestra
Dukes of Dixieland
Kid Simmons Local International All Stars
Mari Watanabe's Chosen Few Jazz Band
Andrew Hall's Society Brass Band
Some Like It Hot
Leroy Jones Sextet
Heritage Hall Jazz Band featuring Jewel Brown
Second Line Till You Drop w/Herlin Riley & The Barbarin family
Chris Clifton
The Hot Club of New Orleans
Lars Edegran and The New Orleans Ragtime Orchestra
Bob French and The Original Tuxedo Jazz Band
Topsy Chapman & Solid Harmony

Other venues present:

Irwin Mayfield & The New Orleans Jazz Orchestra
The Hot 8 Brass Band
Bonerama
Kermit Ruffins & The Barbecue Swingers
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue