[Dixielandjazz] Tommy Newsom RIP

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue May 1 01:11:42 PDT 2007

M J (Mike) Logsdon wrote regarding Tommy Newsom:

> It's not often I recognise such names.  Golly.  From my early youth days
> of
> begging to stay up and watch Johnny, I can actually remember Mr Newsom's
> name.
(snip)

Mike, I first met Tommy at some of the Dick Carey Tuesday night Friends,
Rehearsals.  He was a great player and all around great guy.  I played some
sets with him at various jazz festivals and clubs and we became good
friends.  He had a great sense of humor.  The music world will miss him.

--Bob Ringwald