[Dixielandjazz] Tommy Newsom RIP

Diann Franks swingbanjo at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 03:05:59 PDT 2007

It's strange that Tommy's death was not mention on any of the news channels....Diann

"Robert S. Ringwald" <robert at ringwald.com> wrote:  M J (Mike) Logsdon wrote regarding Tommy Newsom:

> It's not often I recognise such names. Golly. From my early youth days
> of
> begging to stay up and watch Johnny, I can actually remember Mr Newsom's
> name.
(snip)

Mike, I first met Tommy at some of the Dick Carey Tuesday night Friends,
Rehearsals. He was a great player and all around great guy. I played some
sets with him at various jazz festivals and clubs and we became good
friends. He had a great sense of humor. The music world will miss him.

--Bob Ringwald