[Dixielandjazz] Bobby Hackett (was Bunny Berigan)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 25 16:25:29 PDT 2007

> I have one old 78 of Hackett from the time he was with Horace Heift
Orch, made indepenant of that band, of two Bix-inspired  tunes,
Clarinade Marmalade and Singing the Blues................Gee -- what a nice
memory -- got to borrow a turntable for 78's and dub it off.  bet Bill
Haesler know that one well.<

Dear Don,
My 78 copy is on Australian Columbia DO-2171.
I also have these fine "Clarinet Marmalade/Singing the Blues" sides [from
Jan 1940] on a Jasmine CD (JASMCD 2579).
Which is currently available at Worlds Records.
I would also assume that listmate Jazz Jerry can supply it.
However, I must confess that I do not have the Glenn Miller version of "From
One Love to Another" you mention.
Kind regards,
Bill.