[Dixielandjazz] David and Me

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 24 18:24:25 PDT 2007

Just a quick note to list mates not to take everything so darned seriously.
David and I are quite happy with each other.

Regarding the DJML, this is a fairly large chat list now. Time to sublimate
one's personal likes and dislikes about what is posted aside and consider
the other 599 people who might find what one of us dislikes, quite likeable.
Hey, we are all different.

I just returned home from playing a jazz memorial service for a great guy.
Pastor Carl Werner, a great friend of St Peters Lutheran, the Jazz Church in
NYC and its legendary Pastor John Gensel who kept that church open 24/7 to
wayward musicians. As many know, Pastor Gensel also led memorial services
for departed jazz musos like Dizzy and Monk et. al.

Pastor Werner's favorite Dixieland Gospel Tune was "Just A Little While To
Stay Here". Like we're only here for a short time. Let's all make the most
of it.

Egos? Yeah we all have healthy ones. We're jazz fans and/or musicians.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone