[Dixielandjazz] Bunny Berigan film clips etc

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 25 15:33:36 PDT 2007

> Entry 1248 in Meeker is "Mirrors" a 1934 nine minute Vitaphone music short.
Again, this is Freddie Rich with Bunny which can be found on IMDB at
   http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0204487/

Dear John,
I hope you don't mind me using your fine research piece on the Berigan film
clips to ask the computer experts on our knowledgeable list about a recent
annoyance involving the wonderful Internet Movie Data Base [IMDB] site.
When I click on any movie link, such as the one you gave above, I get an
un-removable 'pop-up' advert (currently about Green Cards and living/working
in the US.
This pop-up squeezes the valuable IMDB information into a long single-word
column. Refreshing the IMDB link doesn't help (for me anyway).
Here is another example of the ubiquitous advertising spam which is not only
extremely annoying and frustrating but now makes the IMDB site practically
useless.
Perhaps I should register with the IMDB (an Amazon company) and take my
complaint direct.
Kind regards,
Bill.