[Dixielandjazz] Bunny Berigan records

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Sun Mar 25 09:54:18 PDT 2007

Miller's early records are on a 4-CD set
"Glenn Miller vol. 1, 1926-1939", AVID

I really enjoy that early band, most especially a rousing chart of
"I got rhythm".
I like the overall arranging style, which was basically similar to that of
the Dorsey Brothers, early Shaw, Larry Clinton, even some of Casa Loma:
there were elements reminiscent of dixieland.

--Sheik