[Dixielandjazz] Political Statements On DJML, NOT!

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 00:29:12 PDT 2007

Right on Dave !! :))

  Aha finally we too find something to totally agree upon, :)) just
kidding of course, we actually do agree on many things pertaining to
music and professionalism of musicians, but we do have our differences
of opinions about other issues from time to time concerning musicians
in general. That should never be construed as being my personal dislike
for you as a person or a musician, simply a difference of opinions
about a particular subject. Two of the finest members of this list and
i argued consistently about many issues before they passed, and yet we
were very good friends to the end and said so to each other off list
many times.

  This is often how we actually get to know each other and learn about
each others personalities, Hell better here than on the bandstand on a
gig huh ?

  IN the end it should be about the music, and we should all try to
contribute something meaningful to the game, some can do so much better
than others, and some have nothing really to contribute, so we tolerate
them and often humor them and appear to be condescending in the eyes of
some. But I genuinely think that that is not the bottom line intention
of anyone on this list to belittle anyone and things often said off
list should not be uploaded to the list to stir controversy.   And
anyone has a right to defend their statements right or wrong.    He who
is without disagreement cast the first stone.   There are after all
folks aggressive folks in the world and passive folks in the world and
they long irritated each other  and then there of course are the
dreaded passive aggressive ones :))

Fast folks and slow folks and Half fast folks,  eventually we all find
a way to get along. :))

Moderator schmoderator we got along without one this long we can get
along without one now.

Cheers, and I hope your calendar is full of good gigs :))

Tom Wiggins