[Dixielandjazz] Political Statements On DJML, NOT!

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 22 18:31:04 PDT 2007

     What Bob said: "DJML is a Jazz specific Mail List."  The list is
deliberately focused on 'dixieland' (and other types of early) jazz,
and the posting of any other types of messages goes against the
spirit and the letter of the list.  I sure don't want to wade through
a bunch of political or other crap trying to find something about
jazz, and i'm sure 99% of the members of this list feel the same way.
We're music lovers and musicians, not politicians nor marketing
executives (etc.), and i'm not interested in anyone's views on
anything but jazz.  There are plenty of other lists where you can do
that.  Let's keep this one just on dixieland jazz (which obviously
does not include personal and ad hominem arguments between members).

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**    "I am sitting in the smallest room in the house.  I have your
**     review in front of me.  Soon it will be behind me."
**       -- Max Reger (1873-1916) to a music critic