[Dixielandjazz] Political Statements On DJML, NOT!

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Mar 22 18:19:54 PDT 2007

Dave Hanson wrote:

 (snip)
When I first joined this list I had a number of email conversations with
Peter  the originator of the list, and he expressed the feeling that the
views expressed on the DJML were not unlike those in a bar. What has changed
?
(snip)

Dave, I joined the list about 2-weeks after Peter started it.  I had several
conversations with Peter in person.
nothing has changed.

(snip)
I have read email concerning all kinds of subjects and like everyone else, I
have a delete button if I'm not interested in the content, and quite often
I'm
not.
(snip)

As you no doubt have noticed, I leave everyone pretty much alone unless
their posts are not related to Jazz, the playing of, the talking about,
writing about, etc.  I even let some conversations stray a bit to finish
out.

However, political and religious statements only lead to arguments.  That is
not what Peter had in mind.

Also, Peter was a gentleman.  I am sure he would not have been happy if he
read some of the insults and arguing that crops up from time to time on
DJML.  Thus, I ask members to refrain from posting such things.  I believe
that the vast majority of members do not want arguing, nastiness, insults,
etc  here on DJML.

 (snip)
As far as I'm concerned, I'll talk about anything I want, regardless of what
you think ! Anybody agree ? You still can delete.

Dave Hanson
Atlanta
(snip)

Dave, There are plenty of Mailing Lists on the Internet to discuss
political, religious and other topics.  That is not what Peter formed DJML
to discuss.

If you disagree, I suggest that you find a Mailing List that discusses the
subjects that you want to discuss.  If that fails, then I suggest that you
start your own mailing list and discuss whatever you wish.

And while I am at it, for all members, please do not comment on my or Dave's
statements on DJML.  If you have to comment, please do it privately.  Let's
let DJML settle down and get back to its normal, friendly state.

--Bob Ringwald
DJML Moderator in Hungary