[Dixielandjazz] banjoists

Ministry of Jazz jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Thu Mar 22 01:09:54 PDT 2007

Shalom Bill,

For a number of years I was the only tenor banjo player in Israel. Finally I
got a student and taught him to play, and now we have formed a Dixieland
band with him as the banjoist and me on brass. We're also working on forming
a banjo band. We have a plectrum player who moved here last year, but we're
in Jerusalem and he's in Tel Aviv, about an hour's drive apart, though it
seems much farther since Israel is such a small country in the first place.

As other listmates have suggested, I also billed myself as the best banjo
player in Israel, and my student is the worst one!

Have fun!

Elazar Brandt
Dr. Jazz Dixieland Band
Tekiya Trumpet Ensemble