[Dixielandjazz] OFF LIST - - Another Band Marketer . . . NOT

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 18 18:05:46 PDT 2007

OFF LIST - CONFIDENTIAL

"Jim Kashishian" <jim at kashprod.com>

Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Tarragona Dixieland Festival
>> Barbone wrote Kash or Ivor, any comments about this Festival?

>My only comment is that it is in Catalunya, which although a region of Spain
>might just as well be another country.  They ignore anything to the south of
>them, which of course means Madrid.

>Having said that, we were invited last year to give a quote, even though >the
>festival has been going for a few yrs now, and we are the longest performing
>jazz band in Spain.  I quoted the same as we would get in Madrid, plus what
>travel & stay there would cost, which was lower than I would usually ask.
>Never heard another word from them, so can only assume our price was above
>what they pay.

>Jim

What kind of dumb assumption is that? Christ, they bring bands in from all
over Europe. He's right next to them in the same country and should have
been a lot cheaper than the others. Plus they booked Dirty Dozen this year.
They must have cost a shitpot full more than Jim's band.

Damn, he never even contacted them back last year or this year and he got
"NATIONAL EXPOSURE" playing at the Coronation of their fucking KING? What a
damn fool when it comes to promoting his band.

Cheers,
Steve