[Dixielandjazz] More on Ted Vesley

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 10 13:59:51 PST 2007

>From Don Ingle: I got a note  form Charlie Lodice, noting this:
*I PLAYED WITH TED'S BAND DURING THE 50s ..I REPLACED SMOKEY
STOVER...TOM TOM CLUB GLANDALE...SARDI'S IN HOLLYWOOD & 2 DIXIELAND
CONCERTS AT THE SHRINES....RALPH HARDEN TRPT. LEE COUNTRYMAN PIANO
..BILL WOODS CLAR. TED WAS GREAT....*that he owkred [worked] with Ted
Vesley;s band. <

Dear Don,
Thank you for that.
It helps date the following record:
Ted Vesely (actual band name unknown)
Ralph Harden, t; Ted Vesely, tb; Bill Wood, cl; Lee Countryman, p; Morty
Corb, sb; Smokey Stover, d.
unknown date
T-102-2    I've found a new baby    Tom Tom 1002
T-103-3    What's your story ?           -

I wonder what was on Tom Tom 1 and if there was a Tom Tom 3, 4, etc.?
If my memory serves me correct (although, I wouldn't bet on it any more)
there was a fine IAJRC Journal article regarding Bill Wood a year or so
back, which may mention Ted Vesely. All I have to do now is find that
Journal in my 'piling' system.
Kind regards,
Bill.