[Dixielandjazz] More on Ted Vesley

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Sat Mar 10 12:57:24 PST 2007

Bill: You sort of started this.
 I got a note  form Charlie Lodice, noting this:
< *I PLAYED WITH TED'S BAND DURING THE 50s ..I REPLACED SMOKEY
STOVER...TOM TOM CLUB GLANDALE...SARDI'S IN HOLLYWOOD & 2 DIXIELAND
CONCERTS AT THE SHRINES....RALPH HARDEN TRPT. LEE COUNTRYMAN PIANO
..BILL WOODS CLAR. TED WAS GREAT....*that he owkred with Ted Vesley;s
band. <
I would add that Rakph worked for my dad for awhile after Chuck Mackay.
And Lee Countryman wasa one ofthe regular piano men that worked at Club
47 in Studio City -- the club owned by Doc Rando, Nonni Bernadi, and
Nappy LaMare, all Crosby alumni.
That single mention of Ted Vesley has brought out some interesting
connections about this fine player, and unsung giant of the horn.
those of us who got to hear him and know him are among the fornuate. I
hope some other with perdonal memories will join in and add tot his
thread about a very good player.
And thank you, Charlie. You made your own niche in the jazz scene, and
are one fine drummer odl friend. Hope the fishing's good down there.
Tight lines.
Don Ingle