[Dixielandjazz] The Trombones At Last

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Wed Mar 7 12:56:31 PST 2007

BRAVO, JIM BUTLER!    I was wondering when you would open fire at these
totally uninformed self appointed critics of current trombonology.    Jimbo,
all of the guys you  listed from Andy Martin to Russ Phillips are
wonderfully exposed on the huge volume of LP's and now CD's throughout from
the '50's.    What great pleasure it is to listen to them right now and to
know that they are playing, writing, and arranging beautiful modern material
as well as bringing new interesting and enjoyable life to standards.    I
would also like to add Jiggs Whigham, James Morrison, and Phil Wilson to
your list.

Bob Newman