[Dixielandjazz] Freberg Radio vs. TV

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 3 14:45:36 PST 2007

It's interesting to note that Welles wasn't the first to create a national
panic via radio.  It's often been conjectured that he had read the
transcript of Ronald Knox's "Broadcasting the Barricades", a 1926 BBC
broadcast in which he convinced most of the listening public (not many in
those early days) that a riot was taking place in Trafalgar Square and that
the Prime Minister or somesuch had been lynched.  There was much the same
fallout from that broadcast that took place in 1938 over here.

Sorry for the off-topicness...,
----
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org